Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Camp Out

Another busy weekend, featuring Girl Scout camping in the Poconos. It's amazing how much stuff one has to bring for 2 overnights in a cabin; sleeping bag, towels, snacks, fan in case it's hot, heater in case it's cold - which it was, but sadly I didn't . . .  lots of socks.
We've been going to this place for 6 years, and it's very nice. Especially cabin #29.


Especially at night.


And most especially when Kate gets arty with the camera.

  
The camp features nice cabins, a boathouse, and a main hall with a deck where the girls exiled the extraneous moms.



While my Scout was mastering the rock climbing wall,

I got a whack of my lace stole knit.


Thus, we returned home exhausted, to be greeted by the boys of the household who were also exhausted after their own Cub Scout camp out.

2 comments:

newhopebeading said...

The cabins look cute!

Jennifer said...

Cute but chilly last weekend; I'm wishing for that now!