Friday, July 29, 2011

FO Friday

Not alot of blogging this month, but much knitting . . . some of which I can show.
One such piece is my design that, as it turns out, pays homage to Little Red Riding Hood. 

The Escallop Beaded Capelet:


The perceptive may notice that there are Escallop Mitts, as well - cleverly worn here by my favorite model in such a way as to disguise her need for a manicure.

I didn't really think hoods were my sort of thing, but I am completely in love with this one! The question remains whether to put a little pompom on the pointy little hood top.


And since we're talking frivolity here, let's see a closeup of those poms:


These will be coming soon for test knitting; meanwhile you can see the project pages on Ravelry, for capelet and mitts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, may I be a test knitter? I may be in the south but live on top of a mountain in a village that's known to be the coldest place in the state in the winter. And this will be perfect for short trips.

newhopebeading said...

VERY cute... Riding Hood style is very big right now... this is the cutest I've seen. I must not show Sam or she will want one too LOL