Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom Swag

It's been a lovely Mothers' Day, and a spectacular ending to a motherly weekend. Dinner tonight was grilled steak from the Amish market, with sauteed mushrooms and horseradish cream sauce, accompanied by roast potato and broccoli rabe.

After dinner, I received an homage:


Both children show a proclivity toward handcrafting, with self-made cards. The one with the button is DD's; she mentioned the possibility of opening an Etsy shop.

In addition, my son's second grade was apparently very busy this week. At the Mothers' Day Tea on friday, my place was filled with this; only seven more months to redeem my coupons!


The weekend really was filled with things that warm a mother's heart. On friday, DD played Mme. Tumna the Faun, in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe:


DS was practicing for the World Cup:


And my DH, as usual, oversaw all of the busy activity :



On Mother's Day, even more than on any regular day, I want to acknowledge how my own mom modeled individuality, strength and love, and helped make me the person I am today. I miss you, Mom!

1 comment:

vortex said...

Hey look at that handsome guy!